As a nutritionist, my focus is on your eating choices. It’s important to recognise that eating well effects more than your weight. This is not a diet, it’s a ‘Change of Health Direction’, a change that will remain with you for life. We’ll be helping you to make small but impactful changes to your diet, changes leading to lifelong benefits. Even small changes will help you avoid obesity and help prevent illnesses caused by poor diet. With obesity on the increase in Ireland, among adults and children, it’s a change we have to make. 15,000 new cases of type 2 diabetes are diagnosed annually in Ireland, a condition largely resulting from obesity. Eating well makes you feel good and positive, which in turn makes you more ready to meet the world’s challenges!
Here are some helpful tips & tricks to approach your weight-loss effort
- You must eat 5 meals a day 3 x 300 calories meals: (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) 2 x 150 calorie snacks. As an example below:
- 8am Breakfast
- 10.30pm Snack
- 1pm Lunch
- 3.30pm Snack
- 6pm Dinner.
- Record what you eat in your diary.
- Set a realistic weight loss goal
- Never skip any meal even if you are not hungry.
- Eat every 2.5 – 3 hours.
- Stick to the plan; it works.
- Make sure to book in for your weekly weigh-in
- If eating out go for the healthy option… there is always one!
- Have a positive thought every day and repeat every day: for example: Thank you for my beautiful size xx body!
- Restrict alcohol intake to less than 3 small glasses of wine a week/3 beers a week. Less the better!
- No sugar type sweets. Tempted? How about 2 squares of dark chocolate with 6 almonds.
- If it comes in a box the chances are it’s bad for you!
Remember your ABC’s:
Awareness: You choose what goes into your body so be aware of what’s wholesome, healthy and nutritious.
Belief: Believe in yourself. Believe you can do the programme. Believe you can change your health direction.
Commitment: Stay committed, focused and disciplined. Commit to introducing 3 changes to your daily routine.
Call into your LloydsPharmacy for expert advice on weight loss. Find your local LloydsPharmacy here.
Written by Nichola.