This is week 3 of nutritional therapist Pamela’s recipes with us and she will be providing plenty more super tasty healthy recipes over the next few weeks!
You can also pop into your local LloydsPharmacy for a free printed version of this recipe and more… enjoy!
This meatless salad showcases some of the most delicious organic summer vegetables and is quick and easy to prepare. It is high in fibre and plant protein, so your hunger will be satisfied right up until your next meal.
Broad beans provide the protein with about 10g per cup so they’re a great vegan alternative. They’re also packed with fibre and are a source of iron, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin A and calcium. In the interest of eating seasonally, buy them fresh during the summer months.
Sweetheart cabbage is a rich source of so many vitamins and minerals including vitamins K, C and B6. This is a true superfood with anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting compounds.
The recipe makes one serving as a main course, but can easily be split into two portions if serving alongside or before other dishes.
You will need:
- 2-3 sweetheart cabbage leaves, raw & shredded
- 2 baby radish, washed and finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 cup broad beans – shelled, washed, boiled for 5 minutes and cooled.
- 2 medium sized new potatoes, boiled in skins, cooled & sliced.
- A handful of pea shoots (From ‘The Happy Pear’ – available in supermarkets)
- A quarter teaspoon (a pinch) of Maldon sea salt & cracked black pepper
- A tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl combine the raw shredded cabbage, radish, spring onion, broad beans, new potatoes and pea shoots.
- Add the sea salt, a crack of black pepper and the olive oil. Toss and serve!
PAMELA RYAN | NUTRITIONIST | CORPORATE NUTRITION + YOGA