This smoothie will “give you wings”. So grab your halo and prepare to fly through your day!
For a nourishing boost I used one of my favourite supplements, Superlife Smoothie Mix (Energy Boost), available from your local Lloyds Pharmacy. It is packed with exotic-sounding organic superfoods such as maca, hemp, cacao, spirulina and chlorella. This unique blend offers an abundance of antioxidant nutrients, iron, calcium, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, fibre and protein.
Combined with fibre- and vitamin C rich greens, over 11g protein per serving and essential fats from creamy avocado, this smoothie is an ideal breakfast and it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.
- 50g cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1-2 medium celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls leafy greens e.g. baby spinach or rocket leaves
- 1 small handful fresh parsley
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped (or 1/2 for less sugar)
- 1/2 avocado, stone removed and flesh scooped out
- 1 heaped tablespoon of Superlife Smoothie Mix Energy Boost*
- 1 cup water or coconut water
- 2-3 cubes of ice
Put all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and whizz until silky smooth. Enjoy!
- Prepare your vegetables the night before and pack them into the smoothie cup. Store in the fridge. The next morning just add water and ice cubes and blend.
- Divide the mixture into 3 or 4 small glasses and serve to your kids as a snack or as a nourishing accompaniment their normal breakfast.
- If you don’t have fresh parsley to hand, just add an extra handful of greens. Choose from spinach, rocket, chard, lambs lettuce or chicory leaves.
- Instead of ice cubes, peel and dice a few bananas and store in a sealed container in the freezer. Use these in place of ice cubes (but as part of your fruit portion).
|Nutrition Information per Serving.|
|A source of vitamin C, vitamin A, Iron, magnesium, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids.|
PAMELA RYAN | NUTRITIONIST | CORPORATE NUTRITION + YOGA
*Ingredients available in LloydsPharmacy Stores