The high protein content of these pancakes makes them super filling so they’ll keep you full & energised for hours. Eggs, banana and oats are rich in mood boosting nutrients so if there is such a thing as ‘good mood food’ these pancakes definitely qualify!
(makes 2 large pancakes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- ½ cup oats
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- In a wide bowl, mash the banana very well with a fork. Add the eggs & whisk together until well combined.
- Add the oats to a blender/bullet and blend to a flour consistency (you can also skip the blender & just use fine/quick oats).
- Add the oat flour and cinnamon to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Heat a little oil/butter in a non- stick pan. Pour in half the mixture for a large pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 mins on each side. Allow to cool for a few mins before tucking in.
Serving suggestion: press blueberries into the pancake during cooking or serve berries on the side with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Elsa Jones is a qualified Nutritional Therapist and author of bestselling book ‘Goodbye Sugar’. She works as a nutrition consultant in a Dublin practice and also internationally via her online nutrition programs. She specialise’s in motivational weight management combining effective nutrition & mind-set strategies. www.elsajonesnutrition.ie