This is my kind of food – colourful, flavoursome and nutritious. A nutritionally balanced meal in terms of protein, carbs and fat content and packed with Mediterranean goodness. This is my go to mid- week dinner because it’s all done in the one tray and so requires minimal prep & clean up.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 4 baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 courgette, halved and cut into chunks
- 6 Cherry tomatoes
- 2 large flat mushrooms, halved
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Leaves of 1 rosemary sprig or ½ tsp of dried rosemary
- Good pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place all the prepared potato & vegetables (except the tomatoes) in a large bowl and set aside.
- Pour the oil and balsamic vinegar into a cup and mix in the garlic powder, seasoning and rosemary. Pour two thirds of the marinade over the vegetables and mix well.
- Spread the vegetables across a baking tray. Put the chicken breasts in the bowl and pour over the remaining marinade, coating both sides. Nestle the chicken breasts onto the tray of veggies and roast in the oven for approx. 30 minutes. Half way through, turn the potatoes and veggies and add the tomatoes. Once out of the oven, allow to rest for 5 mins then serve immediately.
Elsa Jones is a qualified Nutritional Therapist and author of bestselling book ‘Goodbye Sugar’. She works as a nutrition consultant in a Dublin practice and also internationally via her online nutrition programs. She specialise’s in motivational weight management combining effective nutrition & mind-set strategies. www.elsajonesnutrition.ie