This makes for a super filling breakfast or lunch. I love this meal combo as it’s super tasty and satisfying. The combination of protein, healthy fats and wholegrain carbs make for a nutritionally balanced meal that’s bursting with nutrients which fuel our body and mind. The ultimate ‘good mood food’!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 slice of bread, toasted (rye, wholegrain or sourdough work well)
- ½ a ripe avocado (or use all & refrigerate the other half of the smash for following day or freeze)
- A good squeeze of lime juice
- A good pinch of sea salt
- A sprinkle of chilli flakes/paprika/mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- A handful of mixed salad leaves
- Peel & mash the avocado with a fork, season with salt & chilli flakes, add a good squeeze of lime juice.
- Poach egg/s in boiling water to your liking (I add vinegar to the boiling water)
- Spread the avocado smash on a slice of toast & top with the poached egg/s.
- Add crumbled feta and cherry tomatoes and serve with a mixed leaf salad, if desired
Elsa Jones is a qualified Nutritional Therapist and author of bestselling book ‘Goodbye Sugar’. She works as a nutrition consultant in a Dublin practice and also internationally via her online nutrition programs. She specialise’s in motivational weight management combining effective nutrition & mind-set strategies. www.elsajonesnutrition.ie