Low Carb Crustless Quiche (serves 6)
This low calorie, low carb quiche makes for a delicious lunch or light dinner. Its high protein content will keep you full and satisfied and it’s a tasty way to get some veggies in at lunch time.
This will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days so perfect for advanced meal prep.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped (I like sweet pointed peppers)
- 1 small head of broccoli, quarter each floret
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 free range eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp. salt + ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 level tsp. dried basil
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- ¼ cup (approx. 50g) of feta cheese, cubed
- Preheat oven to 175/350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 inch quiche dish.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, fry the onion, peppers and broccoli for a few minutes, then add in the garlic and fry for another couple of minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, crack 6 eggs into a large bowl, whisk together then stir in the milk, basil, seasoning and mozzarella.
- Spread the vegetables onto the base of the quiche dish. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies, making sure there is even distribution then scatter the feta cubes on top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for approx. 25 minutes, then allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before serving with a mixed leaf salad.
Note: This can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days and warmed up before serving.
Elsa Jones is a qualified Nutritional Therapist and author of bestselling book ‘Goodbye Sugar’. She works as a nutrition consultant in a Dublin practice and also internationally via her online nutrition programs. She specialise’s in motivational weight management combining effective nutrition & mind-set strategies. www.elsajonesnutrition.ie