Coconut Cinnamon Cookies (serves 10)
If you’re looking for a wholesome treat the whole family will enjoy then these cocolicious cookies are sure to hit the spot! They’re so quick and easy to make and really taste home made with subtle natural flavours. Perfect for a lunch box treat, but you may find yourself not wanting to share them! A gentle reminder that even healthier treats need to be eaten in moderation so one cookie per serve is ideal.
- ½ cup coconut oil (room temp)
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar (available in supermarkets & health stores)
- 1 free range egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup coconut flakes (you can break the flakes up into smaller pieces by hand)
- Set a fan oven to 170°C then line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the coconut oil and coconut sugar to a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat them together until well combined. Follow with the vanilla and egg and beat to combine.
- Using a sieve, sift in the flour and baking powder into the wet ingredients. Then add in the oats and cinnamon and lightly beat until just combined. Stir in the coconut flakes leaving a small bit over to sprinkle on top.
- Using your palms, roll a tablespoonful of the mixture into a ball and flatten to make a thick cookie shape. Repeat to make approx. 10 cookies and sprinkle each with a few coconut flakes on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-17 minutes until golden. Allow to cool before eating and store in an air tight container.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13.1g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 10.8g||54%|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.7g||8%|
|Dietary Fibre 1.2g||4%|
|Total Sugars 7.6g|
|Vitamin D 2mcg||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet.2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Elsa Jones is a qualified Nutritional Therapist and author of bestselling book ‘Goodbye Sugar’. She works as a nutrition consultant in a Dublin practice and also internationally via her online nutrition programs. She specialise’s in motivational weight management combining effective nutrition & mind-set strategies. www.elsajonesnutrition.ie